Who We Are
The Kenya National Chamber of Commerce and Industry (KNCCI) -Nairobi County is a chapter of KNCCI, a non-profit autonomous and business membership organisation (BMO) established in 1965 as the umbrella body of the private sector in Kenya.
The Nairobi Chamber represents and protects interests of the business community in Nairobi by supporting the development of Small to Medium Enterprises (SMEs), lobbying for a favourable environment for businesses in the County and promoting Nairobi as a preferred national/International business and investment hub.
KNCCI – Nairobi is comprised of members from several business and industry sectors playing an important role in the diversification of the Kenyan economy. These members include players in Agribusiness, Manufacturing, Automobile, ICT, Healthcare, Recruitment, Financial Technology (Fintech), Education, Tours & Travel, Fashion, Construction, Food & Beverages, Hospitality, Security, Oil & Gas, Banking, Jua Kali, among others.
Since establishment, KNCCI – Nairobi has created and maintained key linkages to promote trade, investment and Kenyan economic development. We have assisted members and visiting non-members to identify and start businesses in Kenya, hosted business delegations and private sector representatives visiting Nairobi, supported the development of the business community in Nairobi, intervened on policy issues affecting the private sector, and organized trade and investment seminars through our economic diplomacy department.
KNCCI -Nairobi also assists exporters in Kenya to obtain the Certificate of Origin, an important international trade document that certifies that goods in a particular export shipment are wholly obtained, produced, manufactured or processed in Kenya.
A vibrant and prosperous business community.
To facilitate and promote a sustainable business environment for economic growth and prosperity.
- Promotes, coordinates and protects commercial and industrial interests of businesses in Nairobi County.
- Promotes dialogue with policy makers to enact pro-business regulations and legislation.
- Builds capacities of businesses especially small and medium enterprises through training for entrepreneurs, access to investors and markets, technology transfer information dissemination and exchange.
- Creates a better understanding and complementary between businesses and residents of Nairobi County.
- Stimulate Business excellence ethics and accountability for its membership.
- Promotes and encourage principals of sustainability among small businesses in the County.